PDA

View Full Version : Help needed

mleigh
26-06-14, 14:32
I'm 51 and have been seriously depressed and anxiou for the last 7 years.
I'm divorced and wa s unable to carry on my work as a computer programmer.

Ive had over 10 different medications, councelling, psycotherpathy but non of it has worked. All the paid work Ive tried has not lasted for me since, and I'm living off an Insurance that i lucklily took out20 years ago.

I have 3 children who I am afraid for.

I've always felt somehow differnt to others all my life, and habve been bullied and identified by many people as being starnge.

Ive had several sucide attempts

I feel I need to live in some kind of community for depressed people.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Jen1989
26-06-14, 16:12
Hi there :)

Sorry to hear your feeling down. Are you open and honest with your family about how you feel? I tried keeping my anxiety to myself for a long time and living with a lie ended up making me feel a lot worse than what it would have been if I had been honest from the start. Also you say your not working which I know personally makes me feel terrible, especially if you spend most of the day alone as it gives you too much time to think. I find changing my lifestyle helps me a lot. Exercise and healthy eating help big time!! But it takes patience as it doesn't help over night. There is a major difference in my mood if I don't exercise for a week. I can also relate to feeling different from everyone else, I have suffered with anxiety/depression for 4 years now but even before that I always felt different.

Never give up.... U will get better!! Sorry I can't help more.... But your not alone

*big hugs* xXx

Booboojenny
26-06-14, 16:53
Mleigh..welcome to the site ..you will find alot of support on here...we all understand what it's like to have anxiety and depression..sending you a supportive hug

---------- Post added at 16:53 ---------- Previous post was at 16:52 ----------

:hugs: