PDA

View Full Version : sertraline and anxiety

scamscam
26-06-14, 15:50
Hello,

I have struggled with anxiety for years but went on sertraline a couple of years ago up to 100mg but came off them about a month ago safely.

I have now found that i have my eating anxiety back.. i can't eat anything and when i do i have to force myself to eat it through fear of being sick. If i cant eat anything i feel very faint and sick and that is what i hate most. it is a viscous cycle.

I have been prescribed sertraline 100mg after being on 50mg for a couple of weeks. i have been taking the 100mg for 6 days but have found i have had increased anxiety and my depression has worsened slightly. I really hope that i come out of this anxious depressed spell because i can't stop crying and i feel so low. im really trying to overcome my fears with anxiety by going out to eat with my other half (i struggle eating with my partner too for some reason when im like this) and i really hope it gets better.

I just need some reassurance that one day i will get my appetite back? i cant see it at the moment and am so desperate to get better. i hope this is temporary and that sertraline can start working.

Please help and reassure me.. i don't know what to do anymore. The doctor suggested putting it up to 150mg next week if there are no improvements or putting me on another type of tablet but i dont know if i want to do that.. im scared!

please help

Thank you x

venusbluejeans
26-06-14, 16:54
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.