PDA

View Full Version : Putting life on hold due to HA

Rebecca10
26-06-14, 18:08
Hi everyone

I joined this site years ago but haven't been on it that much in recent years until now.
Like most of you I've had lots of illnesses that I've worried about - after stupidly googling any symptoms. It all kicked off when I started uni about 7 years ago and I convinced myself I had MS because I had a few of the listed symptoms on google... since then I've probably had about 10 other diseases until I've actually been to a doc of course.

Now I'm worried about skin cancer just because I keep seeing it on tv and in the newspapers - I don't actually have any moles but i keep looking at the freckles I have- mainly on my back (only about 3) and my arms - convincing myself some of them might not have been there before.

Now today I've discovered a tiny brown dot on my right index finger near the knuckle that looks like a tiny freckle.. I don't know if that's something to be worried about or not I'm getting these feelings of dread everytime I find a new symptom on my body and it's ruining my life - I don't even want to start a relationship with anyone because until i'm 100% convinced I'm ok I don't want to think about anything else. It's ridiculous that I'm feeling this way but i've always been a worrier and I just have constant feelings of dread.

I've booked an appt with a doc for next week to discuss my anxiety and what's currently bothering me - I used to be on citalopram about 5 years ago but never had any therapy so this time I'm thinking about going for CBT.

Can anyone offer any advice or comfort?!

Thanks

RoseEve
26-06-14, 21:11
CBT works wonders! Skin cancer ads are everywhere right now. A lot of people are worried about that right now.