PDA

View Full Version : Still very concerned about my health

unsure_about_this
26-06-14, 19:09
Sorry for another post again (thought I getting myself sorted with this HA)

Even though I had tests/scans over the last 22 months and everything has come back fine, I still worry what if something been missed, we hear so many articles about people being misdiagnosis

I still keep checking my poop every time I go, even more worrying I write down when I go. it still bowel cancer and many other cancers I am worried, no family history.

The GPs have been good and have referred me in the past to show nothing was wrong with me, just peace of mind.

I have tried CBT which did not work, as from group anxiety seem to have help a little bit still very concerned.

I been the GP twice this year so far, recently had a brain scan, blood test and urine test, because I have NF the person I saw who gave me feedback from my brain scan (which was fine) even though my mum hid the 2nd letter I was worried I may have diabetes because of the department we went to.

I don't what to do I am always scared, it causes problem in family again.

RoseEve
26-06-14, 21:10
Have you tried CBT Phil? You need to change your pattern of thinking. It's hard work but you can do it.

unsure_about_this
26-06-14, 21:33
I did have CBT late last year, until February/March this year, the person I saw did not think it was working for me to got discharged, the GP referred me last year because I went in with a list of cancers I was worried about or throught I had.

RoseEve
26-06-14, 22:12
Did it help you?

unsure_about_this
27-06-14, 15:22
Not really I think both of us seem to be having different conversations. I think it has made me feel worst, he tried different techniques to help me.

I am still very nervous and scared that something is wrong with me, even though nothing has been found.

RoseEve
27-06-14, 18:36
I understand what you mean. Nothing will reassure you. Sometimes we worry about our health and it's an outlet for our anxiety. I know I have done this. You are going to have to trust in the doctors.