PDA

View Full Version : testicular ultrasound

anxietyguy
27-06-14, 00:11
Hi all:

I'm freaking out a bit.

I found a small lump mixed in what feels like my epidermis. It doesn't feel directly on the testicle, as I can pinch it. It is about the size of a large grain of sand ( a little smaller than a BB).

Being concerned, I had the DR check it out. She suspected it is Epididymitis or spermatolysis (I think it is called), but ordered an ultrasound to confirm.

I had the ultrasound, and they said everything looks normal. She said everything looked as it should.

I did get a call from the Dr a few days later though, suggesting again that everything is normal... but that if I still felt it, that she'd like me to come in.

Any idea why she would want me to come in? It wasn't her that saw it in the first visit (she was out of the office). I'm freaking out that the ultrasound may have been wrong. Or that she still suspects something bad... and will want to monitor it.

Any encouraging words, as I freak out waiting or the appointment?

Agadch
27-06-14, 00:22
If she was worried there was something wrong she'd tell you to come in straight away instead of telling you to come back if you still felt it. Try not to worry :)

anxietyguy
27-06-14, 04:04
Thanks I'll try.

How precise are the ultrasounds? It seemed the tech had trouble finding the small lump, when I was trying to point it out. I'm not sure if she ever found the exact spot. I don't even want to ask if there is a chance that she missed it :|

Agadch
27-06-14, 22:36
I think the ultrasounds are pretty precise. It's the tech's job to do it right and I'm sure she wouldn't give up until she found it. Your pretty anxious about the whole thing so just go back to your doctor and have a little chat and maybe see if you can get another one done just for peace of mind :)

anxietyguy
29-06-14, 03:04
Thanks for the help!

terror-x
29-06-14, 03:44
dude i have had this if im thinking its the same i was sent for 3 ultrsounds and all came back ok it has now gone but i knew it was there through feeling it for allmost a year if the dr says its fine then you will be ok mate :)

anxietyguy
29-06-14, 05:06
I could cope better (maybe), if it didn't feel harder than I'd like (seems hard is more concerning)

Thanks for the reply, I'll try and listen to the dr... I wish the follow up could happen sooner.

Thanks again

dude i have had this if im thinking its the same i was sent for 3 ultrsounds and all came back ok it has now gone but i knew it was there through feeling it for allmost a year if the dr says its fine then you will be ok mate :)

anxietyguy
30-06-14, 06:10
I assume hard isn't always bad?

Disillusioned
01-07-14, 15:28
I had exactly the same thing and a couple of weeks ago had an ultrasound, where it was confirmed I had a couple of tiny cysts. I don't know the exact percentages, but the chances of a lump on the testicles not being anything sinister are in the high 90s....and anything on or next to the tube is almost certain to be a cyst or similar.

Maybe she just wants to double-check it herself, as she wasn't there the first time? Ultrasounds are extremely accurate so I think it's seriously doubtful that there's anything to worry about. I'm sure your mind will be put at rest very soon :)

anxietyguy
01-07-14, 16:06
Sorry for the repeated questions... I am still freaking out though.

I've noticed that it has grown. Still smaller than a bb, but it is definitely bigger.

Is this still symptomatic of a cyst potentially? I can't shake the thought that why didn't the ultrasound tech see the cyst at all? She did look very hard in the area I pointed out.

---------- Post added at 15:06 ---------- Previous post was at 14:40 ----------

Thanks for the reply... Is the rate really that high for testicle lumps? I firsts replied here thinking a not is missing in front if sinister... But maybe your stat is correct as shown?

I'm sure you are right. Being on the tube, and since I did already have the ultrasound I shouldn't be so worried. Just can't help it.

Thanks again for taking the time to at least put my kind a bit more at ease.

I had exactly the same thing and a couple of weeks ago had an ultrasound, where it was confirmed I had a couple of tiny cysts. I don't know the exact percentages, but the chances of a lump on the testicles NOT?? being anything sinister are in the high 90s....and anything on or next to the tube is almost certain to be a cyst or similar.

Maybe she just wants to double-check it herself, as she wasn't there the first time? Ultrasounds are extremely accurate so I think it's seriously doubtful that there's anything to worry about. I'm sure your mind will be put at rest very soon :)

Disillusioned
01-07-14, 17:02
Sorry for the repeated questions... I am still freaking out though.

I've noticed that it has grown. Still smaller than a bb, but it is definitely bigger.

Is this still symptomatic of a cyst potentially? I can't shake the thought that why didn't the ultrasound tech see the cyst at all? She did look very hard in the area I pointed out.

---------- Post added at 15:06 ---------- Previous post was at 14:40 ----------

Thanks for the reply... Is the rate really that high for testicle lumps? I firsts replied here thinking a not is missing in front if sinister... But maybe your stat is correct as shown?

I'm sure you are right. Being on the tube, and since I did already have the ultrasound I shouldn't be so worried. Just can't help it.

Thanks again for taking the time to at least put my kind a bit more at ease.

Thanks for pointing this out; I did indeed miss out the word 'not'. Sorry! :blush:

Cysts can grow, stay the same and get smaller. Mine has grown a tiny amount since I first noticed it a little over a year ago. Your situation definitely sounds like a cyst to me, so it is a bit surprising they didn't say that during your ultrasound. They've reassured you that all is normal, so I'm sure there's nothing to worry about and your Doctor will confirm this when you see her :)

anxietyguy
02-07-14, 06:07
Thanks for pointing this out; I did indeed miss out the word 'not'. Sorry! :blush:

Cysts can grow, stay the same and get smaller. Mine has grown a tiny amount since I first noticed it a little over a year ago. Your situation definitely sounds like a cyst to me, so it is a bit surprising they didn't say that during your ultrasound. They've reassured you that all is normal, so I'm sure there's nothing to worry about and your Doctor will confirm this when you see her :)

That is much better :)

Thank you for the reassuring words - very much appreciated :)

anxietyguy
25-08-14, 04:37
A week or so after this last post, I saw the DR again. She didn't feel it, but said the ultrasound looked fine.

Then the lump went away!

But it is back now - a month and a half later - and maybe a little bit bigger (still smaller than a BB though I think). So of course I'm freaking out again.

Should I be? Is it normal that it comes and goes? Dillusioned seems to mention that, so i suppose I shouldn't be freaking out?