PDA

View Full Version : lingering cough

Sheepy
27-06-14, 10:07
I had a virus at the beginning of may, sore throat, tickly cough, blocked ear. The cough lasted a good 4 weeks. The cough went away for a few weeks but has now returned and its tickly and i am coughing up phlegm as well as being wheezy on and off ( I have very mild asthma) I just wondered if anyone else has had a cough which won't go away or comes and goes. Starting to worry about my lungs.

Sheepy
29-06-14, 00:25
Anyone? :(

Catherine S
29-06-14, 00:33
Hi Sheepy. Well I don't know all the ins and outs of asthma but I know it can involve a cough and wheezing, could the asthma be aggravated by the weather in some way, as in high pollen counts or the heat? It might be that the virus has lingered too.- I also had this same virus around the end of April and the cough lasted weeks with phlegm coming up and I never get coughs usually, but then I also don't have asthma. Even though you say its mild, what are your instincts telling you at the moment about it?

ISB x

Sunshine84
29-06-14, 00:36
Hi sheepy, have u been to see your doctor? They can advise you best, do necessary checks and reassure you. In the meantime try not to worry too much (easier said than done i know) and hopefully u will find this site useful and start to feel lots better soon.