PDA

View Full Version : Constant urge to cough for no reason!

claireypoo
27-06-14, 13:27
I constantly feel like I need to/have an urge to cough, there feels like there is mucus in my upper chest, but nothing comes up when I cough - sometimes after a hard cough there is a tiny bit of thicker slimy saliva. I also have upper back ache and excessive burping. Anyone else get this?
X

(PS I have been diagnosed with Gastro-oesophageal reflux and am waiting for an Endoscopy.)

Serenity1990
27-06-14, 14:51
GERD inflames the sinuses, inflamed sinuses causes post-nasal drip, post-nasal drip gives you a tickly throat and constant urge to cough. :)

claireypoo
27-06-14, 17:06
This cough urge seems to stem more from my chest, rather than my throat, the part that gets congested in an upper chest infection (the part that vibrates, if you know what I mean) x

Serenity1990
27-06-14, 17:31
Could still be that, or reflux leaking into your lungs. Given you have GERD I don't think you have cause for concern. :)

Carnation
27-06-14, 19:11
I had this. Exactly how you described it. It turned out to be Anxiety. It eventually went away when I started to calm down a bit.

claireypoo
21-07-14, 14:43
Carnation, how long did you have it for? X

UKmamainUS
21-07-14, 16:22
Could it be allergies - I have noticed lately that I need to clear my throat a lot, and if I don't cough my voice also cracks. I think it might be allergies.