PDA

View Full Version : trazodone question

gem7
27-06-14, 13:55
i asked to go back on trazodone as you may know but i notice its not the same ones i am used too can you get diffrant types of trazodone ones i was taken before were just trazodone hydrochloride & theses new ones i got are molipaxin trazodone hyrochloride i didnt notice the diffants when doctor give slip to get them i only notice when i took one last night looked at the packet when took one out & i stuttered to my sister there not the same ones but i took one cos i need to take something cos been off meds since april but scared of side effects & have to go all through it again i hope i wont get the side effects but last night when i took one made me really tired was falling asleep infront of the tv trying to keep my eyes open & on my other ones i used to take one at night theses ones say take one every night first week then after that take two i dont want to take two if i am falling a sleep with one what would two be like dont want it too knock me out if there is something on tv i want to watch & scared that two will effect me bad i am only used too taken the one when i was on my other ones i said to the doctor i wanted to go back on trazodone but she put me on ones i am not used too i wanted to go on same ones i was taken the last time but i will ride theses ones out i didnt know you can get diffrant types of trazodone when i got them was thinking they be the same ones i am on 50mg i will take another one tonight read leaflet side effects are diffant to the other ones i used to take that worries me anyone been on theses ones were they good for you just hoping theses ones dont have a bad effect on me

bernie1977
27-06-14, 14:02
Hi there, I'm on trazadone. They're the same drug but just made by a different company, the ingredients will be exactly the same. As trazadone has a sedative in it I take it just before I'm going to bed as they send me to sleep. There's no way I could stay awake to watch TV!

gem7
27-06-14, 14:19
oh ok thanks bernie1977 they did sound diffrant that why i got confused thinking they were diffrant cos my other ones werent molipaxin ones but the leaflet side effects do sound abit diffrant to my other ones i used to take i took one half 8 last night cos thats the time i used to take my other ones if i take it just before i go to bed i might forget to take it i go to bed at 11pm

bernie1977
27-06-14, 14:24
Molipaxin is the brand name for Trazodone. I was always told by my GP to take just before I'm ready to sleep because of the sedative effect. I was on 150mg but I'm on 75mg now. I'm asleep within 20 minutes of taking the medication

gem7
27-06-14, 14:47
ok thanks hun they also seem smaller & diffrant colour i used to be on 100mg i ran out 4th of april then doctor put me on diffrant ones was scared too take them only on wed i got doctor out again told her i was uncomfortable taken theses new ones so i said put me back on trazodone but i am down to 50mg going to up my dose again soon i havent took no meds since april yesterday took my first trazodone since april i will take one at the same time tonight see if it makes me sleepy tired whitch it prob will then if it does will try what u said will take it before i just go to bed but will have to get my sister to remind me on cos i might forget

bernie1977
27-06-14, 14:53
You could put it as a reminder in your phone.

gem7
27-06-14, 14:59
thats a good idea thanks hun