PDA

View Full Version : Tingling

ShortyW84
27-06-14, 20:42
So I haven't been on here for a while think my citalophram has kicked in and I have been feeling so much more positive and happy until tonight!!! The tingling that started this whole episode is still driving me mad I can't ignore it anymore! I'm still convinced it's something awful causing it! Both legs seem to tingle all the time my arms too even tho I only notice when clothes are next to skin! It's driving me mad! Was signed off by my cbt councillor on Tuesday and I honestly felt ok but now I feel back to square one. Don't want to go back to doctors as I feel stupid after going so often and thy saying I fine!!! Life is frustrating me no and I'm wondering what's the point

KeeKee
27-06-14, 21:23
As far as I am aware this is Parasthesia (sorry about the spelling). I got this when changing or stopping any meds and still get it now even tho I am almost 8 weeks med free.
Horribly uncomfortable, but nothing sinister.

Serenity1990
27-06-14, 21:38
If it's both legs and both arms and not constant (I.e. only when clothing touches skin) then it's highly unlikely to be something sinister.

70sgirl
27-06-14, 22:26
When I went through some bad panic attacks I got tingling in my hands and feet. Doc told me it was because of hyperventilating - taking short, shallow breaths doesn't get enough oxygen in the bloodstream which then causes the tingling in extremities. It totally made sense once he explained it! Not sure if you're breathing this way, but if so then concentrate on taking deep slow breaths to get the oxygen flowing through your body properly. It makes such a difference!