PDA

View Full Version : I Suffered from Panic/Agoraphobia/Anxiety for over 20 years - Full Recovery Is Poss

Ex Panicy Person
27-06-14, 22:05
Hi,

I just want to re-introduce myself.

I suffered from panic attacks/agoraphobia/health phobia/OCD and general anxiety from the age of 7 until I was about 27 when I became symptom free.

Over the years I tried pretty every therapy under the sun, a few prescription drugs but in the end I really used my mind in a CBT sense to become completely free of anxiety (I never thought that this would be possible but I assure you it is).

I continue to use relaxation techniques and CBT/mindfulness techniques for my own wellbeing.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions. Positivity is really the key :)

suejep
27-06-14, 22:07
That's very encouraging. Thank you.

Ex Panicy Person
27-06-14, 22:30
It almost sounds as if I am bragging; but it really is do-able. Hard work but a full or partial recovery is really achievable.

Corinnep
07-07-14, 12:17
I am on this bumpy road - hopefully after nearly 13 years I will get past this at some point too! I can deal with the anxiety somewhat, but I cannot get past the travel hurdle...agoraphobia needs to be beaten!
:) thanks for letting us into your life a little, by reading from someone at the end of the bumpy road and start of a new one , I can tell its not going to be forever for me!

Dannybhoy
20-07-14, 16:31
Thank you for posting, it is really encouraging to read that you have conquered your demons, gives hope to the rest of us. Long may your recovery continue

Dimplesxo
20-07-14, 17:05
Congratulations, it's very encouraging to hear success stories. Thanks for sharing :)