PDA

View Full Version : Do You Miss Having A Tipple?

sarahb2904
28-06-14, 11:36
I started taking Sertraline 5 days ago, doing ok so far, just spaced out & a bit of nausea so far. Though today I am more physically shaky & slightly more anxious but nothing I can't deal with.
I read on here the day I began taking the tablets that alcohol lessens their effect, so I've decided to go T-total whilst I'm taking them. I must admit though that I'm missing my cpl of glasses of red wine in the evening, especially whilst I'm cooking. But I know it's all for the good :yesyes:

Moley
28-06-14, 12:34
Hi Sarah,
I am not on sertraline but do sometimes miss either a glass of wine or a cider due to other meds. I have tried a few non alcoholic wines and some of them are quite good at just taking the edge of the cravings so you don't feel like your missing out. think the best 1 I have tried is called denatureo or something like that.

sarahb2904
28-06-14, 13:08
Thanks Moley, that's a fab idea, cheers :D

venusbluejeans
28-06-14, 13:28
Waaahhh sorry to lower the none but scanning down the active topics I though your title was "do you miss having a nipple" I seriously should slow down when reading lol

Totally agree with moley though, try some of the non alcoholic versions of drinks :)

Stuz
19-07-14, 20:40
i'm on 50mg of sertraline and had 4 pints of beer last night. Couldn't resist. Today I woke up feeling very anxious and feel hungover. Also a bit sick and dizzy. I wont be doing that again.

unfitwellhappy
21-07-14, 22:17
I can drink but I do get a day or two increased anxiety - I miss beer so much hehehe...

It's not worth it for me.

A

HalfJack
21-07-14, 22:34
I've quit smoking at the same time - I'm crawling the walls! lol
I had very similar symptoms to you but mine were pretty bad, and now I'm super happy on it. I haven't had a drink yet but I've been thinking about seeing how I get on. Deff have to try some of that non alcoholic wine first though! :D

unfitwellhappy
21-07-14, 22:37
Smoking is my only vice... I was a wreck when I tried to give up :-(

Stuz
22-07-14, 21:15
had a couple glasses of wine tonight oops!

Halfjack - how many days/months have you been on sertraline now?