PDA

View Full Version : Why o why

Down and out
28-06-14, 13:25
So this all started of with panic attacks about 16 months ago and went to doctors and was put on cit 20 mg and 80 mg propananol which did calm me down for a while but had a really bad set back and doctor changed me to mirt for a while but this seemed to fuel my anxiety so was then changed to venaflaxine for a few months with no joy .

Doctor has now put me back on citalipram 40 but six months later I'm still not where I want to be and some days can be really hard , worry , dread , second guessing , always thinking about how I'm feeling all the time and just fed up with the feelings and what I'm going through , doctor said I'm doing well as I cope and has put me forward for counciling , but I don't want to just cope I want my life back .

And advice welcome as just want to give up now

Down and out
29-06-14, 10:59
Anyone ?

Jen1989
29-06-14, 12:05
Hi there :)

I have been on both citalopram and propranolol, the citalopram I did find very helpful after a few weeks/months but the propranolol made me feel awful. I don't have experience on the other meds so cant really comment however if you feel the citalopram isn't working you should maybe ask your doctor to try you on a different med as maybe it's not the right one for your body :) hang on in there things do get better.... Try and keep your mind occupied so you dont have time to sit and think about things.....when I start my over thinking and worrying about everything I actually tell myself to shut up lol it sounds mad but it helps me distract myself.... Hope you feel better and remember your not alone xXx

Down and out
29-06-14, 13:44
Thanks Jen x