PDA

View Full Version : Tiredness/Babies & Ectopic Heartbeats

morse
15-12-06, 10:19
Hi, new here but been browsing for a while. I am male mid thirties and have suffered from Ectopics and other health anxiety problems for 6-7 years. I can't tell you what a relief it is knowing so many other people have gone through exactly the same things as me. I really did think I was alone!

Well I have been doing some thinking and I think tiredness has a heck of alot to do with anxiety, especially Ectopics. Up until this year I hadn't had any for some years and thankfully have been relitively anxiety free, but my wife and I had a baby son in January and he has been a terrible sleeper, exactly the same as our other daughter. Well this year they have returned with avengance and I have episodes most days. The only time they went is when we were on holiday in the summer.

The ectopics are identical to when our daughter was born 7 years ago and it was then for the first three years of her life that they were really bad as well.

I haven't even botherd going to the doctors this time, although I am constantly worried that they are doing me harm. It's only since reading this forum that I have worried alot less. So thanks all.

But what can I do. there is no way around the sleepless nights, we live overseas and have no family or help around us and I have have my own business which is really busy. I have contemplated going for meds, but I really don't like taking things. Has any one had real success with CBT?

How do you tell an 11 month old to stay asleep?

Thanks again for all the really useful adivce here, I am soooo glad I found it!

net
15-12-06, 15:30
some babies just dont sleep i've been a childminder for 20 years and only met 2 who slept all night.

i've just finished a course of cbt and it worked my anxiety and panic has gone from severe to mild in 2 months

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

miss diagnosis
15-12-06, 15:32
have you tried dozal? i ts the best thing for getting babys to sleep
Having a child myself really made my anxiety much worse so i understand. If dozal not avlaible in spain i will sned u some in the post if you like.
Also try ginseng tablets for a bit more energy

snoopy
15-12-06, 18:57
Hi,

I have a new baby, tiredness, and missed beats. But i'm not at all worried about them any more. They are not at all harmful. Just very annoing. Hoping i just won't feel them one day as i have had them for over a year now.

They do get better if you stop being scared of them, i promise! i have spent a year letting them terroize me, but not any more. and they are becoming less powerful, and less frequent.

snoopy x

Snoopy x

morse
16-12-06, 08:38
Thanks all, it's nice to know your not on your own! I'll try and get some of that Dozal.

I just wish I didn't have them! Had a load yesterday, just really unnerving. No matter how much you "get used" to them, it just doesn't feel right.

Gonna try and chill out, I have my works do tonight which I am looking forward too!