PDA

View Full Version : Weird chest pains going up into neck

Jsp
28-06-14, 19:26
Hey everyone,

I keep getting these horrible pains today. I used to have them quite a lot but they've started again today and they're really worrying me. It's like a throbbing pain which starts in my chest and goes up into my neck. It happens randomly, or if I breathe in deep, or when I move suddenly or get up quickly etc. I really don't know what it is but it worries me :/.

I've had a few ECG's done in the past and an echocardiogram done about two years ago, all came back fine. Currently on day 6 of taking Fluoxetine so I'm worried it's related to them!

Idk I just hope it's nothing to do with my heart. I often worry about having high bp, angina, or something like an infection of the heart (can't remember the name of it) :(

Someone have similar/have any advice?

claireypoo
28-06-14, 21:57
I had a weird left sided neck tightening episode. My GP said it could be reflux. In my neck! I didn't know it could refer there.

Hope you feel better soon :)

Jsp
28-06-14, 21:59
I had a weird left sided neck tightening episode. My GP said it could be reflux. In my neck! I didn't know it could refer there.

Hope you feel better soon :)

Thanks for your reply.

It seems to be in the centre of my neck. The chest and neck pain come on at the same time, I've found I can recreate the pain when I breathe in. I DO suffer from reflux symptoms but my reflux has been fine today :/ I'm really worried right now that it's to do with my heart, as the pain seems to throb with my heartbeat.

Whitetrash
28-06-14, 22:15
I've been suffering random pinching pains in my chest... Really horrible but harmless so I am assured.

Anxiety can do such horrible things

claireypoo
28-06-14, 22:19
If it has been happening on and off all day I wouldn't assume it was anything serious, especially as you have said you used to have them a lot before? Sometimes I have indigestion that hurts when I breathe in, maybe it is that?

Jsp
28-06-14, 23:11
Thanks for your replies guys.

I really have no idea what it could be :(. Somehow I don't think it's reflux/indigestion related - I've had problems with that for a while and I would recognise the symptoms I think. Maybe it's muscular? I was diagnosed with costochondritis a few years back but I was pretty sure it was a misdiagnosis.

I just had a shower and noticed that the pain is less likely to happen when I'm standing up straight :S as soon as I bend down/over, or lay down, it comes back.

claireypoo
28-06-14, 23:28
That sounds like reflux. Mine is always worse when I am bending over, or lying down X

Jsp
28-06-14, 23:32
That sounds like reflux. Mine is always worse when I am bending over, or lying down X

It could be considering that - but it just doesn't feel like reflux? I dunno :(

claireypoo
28-06-14, 23:37
My reflux doesn't feel like reflux either. It really hurts in my upper back, it's weird. Hope you feel better soon X I wouldn't worry too much. It doesn't sound threatening if it eases off when you stand upright. Also you have had it before. X Try some distraction for the anxiety? x

Jsp
29-06-14, 00:36
The pains laid off for a little while but now I feel REALLY sick suddenly. Ugh. I'm so worried I have a heart infection or something, and that's why I now feel sick :(