PDA

View Full Version : becoming worse...

afgzee
28-06-14, 20:34
so the last 2 weeks or so I've been getting worse and worse, recently I changed from taking cut in the day to at night now I've become a lot worse again, could this have to do with switching from day to night time? Even taking a benzo has not been able to take away my shakes and not been able to calm me down much. Also since the last few days I've become very depressed, something I never was.

I have not felt this bad since I began suffering from this almost 1 year ago.

could this be my body adjusting to switching between day and night or should I change myself back to daytime slowly?

I'm on cit 30mg just for note.

afgzee
30-06-14, 11:06
so I've changed myself slowly over the last 3 days back to day time and feeling better this morning already. Today was the first day after the switch that I took the full 30mg in the morning.

so much better and feeling positive. lets see what the rest of the day brings as ors only the beginning.

Marty_67
30-06-14, 12:16
Hi zee, glad you are feeling better.

Sorry it's been a while.

afgzee
30-06-14, 13:35
thanks. I have a doctors appointment on Thursday I will again request an increase as I was denied last month.

hows things for you?

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:32 ----------

also I think I need to completely cut out caffeine, I've already stopped energy drinks including Lucozade, but also I should stop drinks like Pepsi which will be harder even though they have small amounts of caffeine

Marty_67
30-06-14, 13:51
ok, but i guess i am feeling a little similar to you...have posted a new topic in our Cit section.

Let us know how you get on at the quacks :)

MRS STRESS ED
30-06-14, 13:52
Just tell your gp how you have been feeling and that you feel you need abit more help ,dont take no for an answer good luck xxxxx

afgzee
03-07-14, 12:04
So just been to see doctor I told him I've gotten worse since I last saw him and he said he wants to decrease me to 25mg. I said I am not comfortable to do that, he said next time we will decrease to 25mg and then to 20mg.

I don't know if he's even bothering to take in what I am saying.

Marty_67
04-07-14, 12:53
So just been to see doctor I told him I've gotten worse since I last saw him and he said he wants to decrease me to 25mg. I said I am not comfortable to do that, he said next time we will decrease to 25mg and then to 20mg.

I don't know if he's even bothering to take in what I am saying.

Incredible...you are feeling worse so he reduces your meds. Cannot understand that.

afgzee
06-07-14, 14:57
I know. I didn't even ask for an increase to 40 as I knew he would say no. The thought of being pressured to decrease is making me feel a little worse, although today I feel better than other days

mark84
07-07-14, 07:52
that's a joke afgzee, to be honest I can't understand some of the doctors behaviour with this drug, some dish it out like there's no tomorrow to anyone with the vaguest hint of depression and some treat it like it's so precious or poison that giving you an extra few mg is like asking to win the lottery. Hope you get on a bit better than you have been!

ray52
07-07-14, 10:02
Hi Afgzee
I'm 40mg cit and I am fairly settled with them now its sounds like it might be time to look for another doc. If your dose is not working for you then a doc should be looking to what will help you not the other way round.

Ray

afgzee
07-07-14, 17:15
So I just had a fall blown major panic attack at the barbers began shaking and getting into panic mode, I think the barber knew as he began talking to me a lot at this point, then he told me im having a panic attack and that its ok, as he suffers from them also.

I am now at home and feeling better, had to take a bit of benzo at that point otherwise I may have gotten worse. Feeling a lot more relaxed now.

Thankfully the barber helped me out to calm me a little.

I called the surgery and asked when this doctor is not in the surgery so I will make an appointment on that day and see the other doctor who is a lot more understanding and helpful.

I haven't had a panic attack like this in over 6 months or more, since maybe the beginning when this all began, and this plonker of a doctor is trying to force me to reduce. If anything I need an increase not a decrease.

I just cant understand why I am getting worse though :( I had been feeling so much better over the months.

ray52
07-07-14, 17:35
That's good afgzee hopefully things will get better for you, we all have our ups and downs and we all have our triggers. Sometimes there doesn't seem to be a real reason for them or it could be something else at the back of our that just comes out at that moment as anxiety panic

Marty_67
11-07-14, 12:41
Hi Zee

I know where you are right now. I have my anxiety under control but I can feel it bubbling under. I am double checking everything at home and tidying and sorting things out without even realising.

Seeing the doctor on 28th so will have a chat with him then.

Maybe I need something different to Cit?

afgzee
15-07-14, 14:52
thanks for support everyone.

Marty don't give up on citalopram, you've come a long way to success and you don't want to jeopardise they success. I say stick with it.

myself am feeling so much better, today especially today.

still will request an increase to 40mg when I revisit the other doctor.

Marty_67
17-07-14, 13:15
Hi Zee, thanks as ever for your kind words.

I'm now 8 months in and realise I do feel better but as you know I have really struggled a bit lately.

I don't want to come off cit but wonder if I need something in addition. Seeing doc on 25th so will let you know how it goes.

afgzee
29-07-14, 22:18
that's good.

so I went to the other doctor yesterday who seemed to understand what I am going through and what exactly I wanted to do, I explained how I had gone backwards and she said she would increase me to 40mg of cit.

I will be going back on 1st September for a review and she's considering putting me back on amitriptyline for night time if things don't improve on the 40mg of cit.

So far so good, feel better being on the higher dose now which has in itself just the thought brought down my anxiety.

mark84
30-07-14, 08:24
that's great news afgzee :)

afgzee
30-07-14, 13:53
so today is the 3rd day of 40mg and today is also the first day I am feeling the effects of it, had a body high for about almost 2 hours and the anxiety has increased, of course I've gone through this road before with all the other increases and I know it'll pass.

Had to take some benzo to ease the effects of it which helped me a lot.