PDA

View Full Version : Super scared?

Brixcx
28-06-14, 21:41
So i came across this website while i was self diagnosing myself through google. I know its bad to do so, but i just cant help it. And it only makes me even more worried. So for the past 2 weeks almost 3 weeks I've been having indigestion minus the nausea and diarrhea. For maybe the first week of feeling sick i did have diarrhea and nausea. Which I do have a fear of vomiting so that only made things worse and literally made my anxiety sky rocket. But that went away. What hasn't gone away is the bloating/heavy feeling in my stomach. Sometimes it lessens. When i sit down it goes away. But its defiantly there sometimes i get distracted and i forget about it but afterwards i just have the same feeling once again. When i began getting sick i did have a hunger like heartburn(it also felt a bit painful) which lead me to believe that i had a stomach ulcer. The thought of me having it is still in the back of my mind. I did go to the doctor at leas 3 times bc i wasnt feeling well and she told me it was gastritis and constipation. I doubt its constipation because i go to the restroom every day. Gastritis seemed reasonable so i was like yea okay maybe it is that. She prescribed me some medicine and so far the heartburn is less. BUT i still have gas, burping, the bloated feeling. Sometimes stomach aches. And to make things even worser I've been feeling lightheaded and headachy (i suppose the headache part is bc i dont always wear my glasses and i spend hours on my phone) i've also noticed that im a bit pale i am white colored but it still worries me a lot. ITS JUST so much ive never been this sick. Nor have i lasted this long sick (im 15 btw) It just scares me a lot and im so worried. I get the worst thoughts about having a serious illness like cancer. Its horrible. I've cried several times bc of this I feel as if i wont get better and it scares me since its been 2 weeks already. ��

claireypoo
28-06-14, 21:52
Hello there, Better here than Dr Google. :)

I was diagnosed with gastritis in February, it really knocked me for six. Stomach inflammation can take a long time to heal sometimes. Mine persisted despite me doing everything to help myself, I changed my diet, lost weight, drank chamomile tea even Aloe Vera juice (yak!) nothing really helped! What medicine are you taking? My medicine makes me feel bloated but helps with the reflux and indigestion.

Brixcx
28-06-14, 21:57
I am taking ranitidine, i doubt its my medicine causing it because i felt like this before i started taking it

claireypoo
28-06-14, 22:10
I think bloating is pretty common with gastritis. I had it before I started my meds too, but the meds made it worse, I think. Ranitidine is what I took for mine initially. Hope you feel better soon.