PDA

View Full Version : A bit more advice

JustJay
29-06-14, 00:20
Hi Guys. I just thought I'd pass on a snippet of info I've found useful. In addition to the general panic attack dealing with advice, I.e breathing, allowing the attack to run it's course and letting it flow out of your body until you regain composure, try listening to the lectures of Alan Watts on YouTube. He was a philosopher from the 60,s ( yeah it's a bit hippyfied / zen ) but listen to his words, and maybe understand yourself a little better, I listened to him and found great comfort in his words, so much so that I've taken back my life from the grip of anxiety, and am smiling again, enjoying simple things again. Living. And that's all we really need.

Catherine S
29-06-14, 00:23
Well done Jay, that's great :)

ISB x

AnxietyDJ
29-06-14, 00:25
Thanks for the tips - any possibilities of help and progress are fine with me... Hippy or not :D

Will let you know as and when I have a listen :)

---------- Post added at 00:25 ---------- Previous post was at 00:24 ----------

ps Are there any particular recordings that you would recommend?

JustJay
29-06-14, 00:32
Try this one as a taster maybe
http://youtu.be/mMRrCYPxD0I

---------- Post added at 00:32 ---------- Previous post was at 00:27 ----------

It's not everyone's cup of tea I imagine. But as I understand, the very fact that we suffer from anxiety, mainly due to overthinking, and dare I say it over inquisitiveness, surely putting something into our knowledge thirsty minds that may put things into perspective, rather than googling our latest ailment is a good thing. I hope it might help, or at least serve as a distraction at our low ebbs.

AnxietyDJ
29-06-14, 00:42
Try this one as a taster maybe
http://youtu.be/mMRrCYPxD0I

---------- Post added at 00:32 ---------- Previous post was at 00:27 ----------

It's not everyone's cup of tea I imagine. But as I understand, the very fact that we suffer from anxiety, mainly due to overthinking, and dare I say it over inquisitiveness, surely putting something into our knowledge thirsty minds that may put things into perspective, rather than googling our latest ailment is a good thing. I hope it might help, or at serve as a distraction at our low ebbs.

Thanks - will check it out! :)