PDA

View Full Version : Worried About Heart

ColourODarkness
29-06-14, 01:06
Recently I've been stupidly anxious about my heart, so much so I keep checking my heart rate, sometimes more than 10 times a night.
Some nights it slows to 59bpm, and others it feels as if its beating so hard my chest will burst. Both worry me to no end.

This evening it was beating at 61bpm and my chest got a little tight for a moment, as if it were being squeezed slightly, that's when the thoughts got to racing. I got a pain in my left arm and started freaking out more, and the more I think of the pain, the more I notice it, the more it worries me.

I'm terrified there's something wrong with my heart, and I'm constantly worried that I might have a heart attack or something.

I hate being this way.

MM
29-06-14, 01:20
have you had an ECG? I used to check my pulse so many times a day it was ridiculous. Random pains in my chest and arms made me even more worried. But after consulting a cardiologist and had an ECG and echocardiogram, and multiple reassurances that I was okay, I rarely check my pulse anymore.

I don't think theres anything wrong- but getting that done might help put your mind at ease like it did for me, plus its painless and fast:)

Nullus
29-06-14, 05:02
I used to get these all the time. The first step in getting past heart issues is being checked out by a doctor, when they clear you which im sure they will.. you can start working on the anxiety part.

The most difficult part about anxiety is the mimic conditions it gives us.

At my peak i had chest pains that ran down my left arm, constant center and left shoulder chest pain and tightness.. I even started taking low dose asprin and i would carry a bottle around with me at all times in the event i did have a heart attack i could take some!!

i went to the doc they gave me a ECG and a stress ECG (since i passed the first ECG and i had a physical job they wanted to test my heart under stress.. like walking/runnning. Cardiologist came in and reviewed the results.. he said i dont see anything wrong, all 15 minutes of running and i dont see any issues presenting themselves..

since then ive been fine and the symptoms have morphed into palpitations racing heart etc, i just keep telling myself everything is fine and they go away!

Hope you feel better. :)