PDA

View Full Version : NEWBIE reassurance needed!/constant chest pain & headaches

nm1
29-06-14, 13:37
Hi, I am new to this I'm having a bad day and needed some reassurance. I told from doctors I suffer from health anxiety and currently on waiting list for CBT. Until then though I am suffering physical symptoms everyday from first thing in morning all day until bed.

I am getting these chest pains everyday and they seem to be so tight i have to take such a deep breath and I don't feel anxious so not sure why I am getting these pains and also I can hear a clicking sound on rib cage when i stretch. I also suffer from lump in throat doctors said its globus something ppl with anxiety get, and also getting headaches everyday and this all makes me feel somethings wrong. It's just not fair when i can wake up and feel fine then the physical symptoms just take over my day. I am just in the house by myself panicking myself just wanted to know that this is normal and that other people get these.

please share your physical symptoms with me I would really appreciate it to know i aint going crazy. This anxiety thing is ruining my day !!! thanks

Peronel
29-06-14, 13:43
Hi nm1,

I hope my low post count won't count against me, I'm a long time health anxiety sufferer.

I could list my symptoms but it would go on forever. I have certainly experienced everything you have listed above, and most other HA people on here would probably say the same.

I know it's easy to say "I'm not even feeling anxious at the moment!" because I do that all the time. I believe that sometimes physical symptoms can show up a long time after we feel anxious, or the anxiety may be so constant that we don't even realise it.

Many of your symptoms could be cause by tension in the muscles in the neck and back. Have you tried yoga a simple stretches before? You could ask your GP for some or there are plenty of online resources. I find yoga really helps with my breathing and it alleviates my headaches.

Hope this helps.

nm1
29-06-14, 13:53
Hi thanks so much for your post its makes such a difference to know other people understand what is going on, I haven't tried yoga or meditation anything like that I am going to look into it.

Thank you

Limey
29-06-14, 13:59
Hi nm1, welcome to the wonderful world of health anxiety! I too regularly suffer with the symptoms you described. I was diagnosed with GAD, and am on a course of Sertraline. Sometimes, I go months without any worries or symptoms, other times, I have it all for weeks on end. It's tough, but you'll get through it. Feel free to talk whenever you need to :).

Ruby13
29-06-14, 14:02
The symptoms you describe are like the ones I have too. Some of mine were coming from shoulder tension, the GP put me on to a physio, 6 free treatments on NHS. These have helped me and I have just finished the treatment, worth mentioning to your GP to see what he says.

Whitetrash
29-06-14, 14:16
Hey Newbie...

I've had chest pains the past week and woke up today with a headache and tension in my back, you're not alone.
There's a lot of good people here, hope NMP is useful to you

nm1
29-06-14, 15:37
Thanks for all the replies its really helpful to know others going through the same:)