PDA

View Full Version : is this an OCD thing ?

natty
15-12-06, 12:42
Hi all
i was diagnosed with generalised anxiety , social anxiety and agrophobia .
i have this fear that i cant really explain and i dont know how to get rid of it , i dont understand it and i wondered if maybe it was an OCD type thing, i dont understand OCD at all so souldnt recognise it really i dont think.

ok here goes
i dont go out , i am not 100% housebound because i go out if i really need to and if there is totally absolutely no way of avoiding it but i dont go out for fun .
one of the reasons is because i get this thought in my head where i think if i go out voluntarily someones going to die or something terrible is going to happen somewhere. i cant shake the feeling and as soon as i get home i check the news and if the phone rings shortly after i get home i am convinced its someone calling me to say someone else died or got injured etc . it feels totally true to me like bad stuff definatly is linked to me going out , but i know realistically this cant be right , i mean people die somewhere all the time surely my leaving the house isnt anything to do with any of them, but then i cant make myself belive that even tho logic says it has nothing to do with me .
argghh help i dont know how to get over this or what it is .
does anyone understand it ?
bb natty

Rachel Ball
15-12-06, 20:03
Hi there, this is a really common OCD problem and fortunately one that responds well to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Go to your Doctor if you can to get an appointment, or you can go privately if you wish.