PDA

View Full Version : here it comes again

angiebaby
15-12-06, 12:03
Hello, only me again. Exactly the same happened this morning as monday morning, had a lie in went the loo and WHAM another panic attack. Didn't tell my husband this time, just went back to bed and lay still and breathed, didn't last as long this time though. Still shaky though even now. So fed up with this, haven't had one for months, just all the other symptoms, could it really be because i'm not at work and not as busy as usual. I've been advised to have at least a month off, i've had two weeks off so far and was going to go back on Monday. Don't know what to do now this has started again. If i need more time off, suggestions gratefully received, then i will need to get in with the GP quick. I know it's best to keep busy but really don't know what to do.
Angie.x

It takes a minute to get anxiety, but a lifetime to get rid of it!!!

KOKO23CAT
15-12-06, 12:40
i know exactly how you feel. whenever i've been in the real depths of panic attacks i've always found it best not to have to worry about having to go to work. just to concerntrate on actually functioning. However i do find when i'm suffering with anxiety rather than full blown panic that going to work is a very helpful distraction. it does depend on what you do though. i work a a waitress in a busy restaurant which in panic attack mode would be unthinkable but in anxiety mode i don't have time to worry. Also, after iv'e finished work i always feel as though i've achieved something and i feel a sense of normality and relief that i can lead my life.
i would advise you to go to work unless you are having obvious physical symptoms. Take some rescue remedy with you and sweat it out. if you have a panic attack and you have to come home just try again tomorrow.
i hope this has been of some help, sorry for rambling i'm trying to prise myself off the sofa, i can't possibly make my toddler watch any more videos!

koko

angiebaby
15-12-06, 12:54
Thankyou for your advise and for your quick reply. Sitting here on the pc feeling sorry for myself, which is no good whatsoever i know. Just thought i was doing really well and am very disappointed about this. I think i will go back and see how it goes. I feel guilty being off as i am a senior health care support worker in a gp's surgery and this is a busy time. Even though i'm scared of going back i have to face it, right? I will carry on looking for another job though as i think my profession is not helping. Thanks again, Angie.x

ceecee
15-12-06, 13:59
hi angie
just thought i,d let you know that i feel the exact same way at the moment.i gave up work last week as i was well stressed with my job and did,nt think it was helping,but now that i,m off work with time on my hands i am thinking about things a whole lot more(i think my hubby thought once i gave up work i,d be a new woman!!!!!!god i wish!!!!!)
wish you well i hope you take comfort knowing that there are people who know how you feel!!1
take care
rach x

angiebaby
15-12-06, 18:05
Have you given up work for good? What was your job, stupid as it sounds i would love to give up and do something from home with my husband, but there is'nt anything that i know off and we definatly need a wage coming in. Well i have rung work and told them that i will be in on Tuesday, going to see the chinese medican man on monday, lol, he is my last hope i think. My hubby is disgusted with me that i am going back in this soon and has told me i need at least another two weeks off, i would love that too but feel too guilty as it is over the xmas and new year time of year we will be really busy. I think i will see how it goes and if i can't cope then i will have to rethink. Thanks for the reply. Angie.x

KOKO23CAT
16-12-06, 22:11
hi angie

i know how hard it was for my partner to see me what he saw as punishing myself but i needed to face my fears and face my life. the longer it is put off the harder it is in the end. i woke up this morning wit my heart pounding. the last thing i wanted to do was go to work so thats exactly what i did. i went to work and went out for dinner. it was very testing at times but i knew i would be feling just as bad at home. right now although i still feel wobbly and shaky i know i have achieved something today!

take care
koko

angiebaby
16-12-06, 22:56
Thats whats started happening to me again this past week, i had got rid of it but now when i wake up my heart races and pounds again and i don't know why, shoots straight up, it is always worse in the mornings. Gets better throughout the day but there is always the risk of it going again. We are a lot aren't we. lol. Even thoughwe really know that we will be fine inside it doesn't seem to help at all. Thankyou for your kind words and advice. I'm going back to work on Tuesday, dreading it though but i am good at my job, i know that, and think that i will just have to keep looking for something else, to help take my mind of things. Thanks again, Angie.x

KOKO23CAT
18-12-06, 15:24
i hope work goes ok tomorrow, i am usually bad when i wake up and then bad again about mid afternoon. By the time it gets to evening i'm usually ok again!

Good luck

koko

angiebaby
18-12-06, 19:49
Thankyou, i'm really dreading going, but not doing the work, i love that bit, just the place and the people i think, lol. If i could do my work from home i think i would be doing it all the time, lol, but unfortunaly i'm not allowed unless the neighbours have an accident that is. Anyway, i will be straight back on here when i come home and i will let you know. Thanks again. Angie.x

KOKO23CAT
20-12-06, 14:51
Hi Angie,

how did it go? i hope it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be.

koko

angiebaby
20-12-06, 17:15
No, it was quite ok, quiet, Tuesday's are normally better for me anyway, wasn't too bad, had unreality a bit and was unhappy really did not want to be there, but apart from that i managed. Thankyou for remembering that is really nice of you. Got to go again tomorrow and it's baby immunisation day, used to love this day best of all. But not anymore, the screaming makes my ears worse and sitting at the pc for ages gets me so i'm scared to move again. And i know that sounds silly, lol. Thanks again, Angie.x

KOKO23CAT
21-12-06, 21:58
NOW YOU'VE DONE OT ONCE YOU CAN DO IT AGAIN! IT WILL NEVER BE AS BAD AS YOU THINK. WHEN I GET UNREALITY I NORMALLY SEEK SOMEONE OUT WHO NORMALLY MAKES ME LAUGH AND HAVE A COMPLETLY IRRELEVANT CONVERSATION WITH THEM.

I HAVE MADE A CONSCIOUS DECISION TODAY NOT TO LET ANXIETY IMPOSE ON MY CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR, EVERY TIME I THINK ITS GOING TO I GO OUT AND BUY ANOTHER STOCKING PRESENT FOR MY 3 YEAR OLD AND IMAGINE HER FACE WHEN SHE OPENS IT.

TAKE CARE

KOKO