PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new to this site

jodstar
30-06-14, 06:14
Hi hoping I can get some reassurance from people. I was working in the garden walked over to the shed and Boom it hit me, felt terribly faint, hot feeling going through my back, racing heart, jelly legs, confusion , felt like I couldn't talk properly, felt sick went in side checked my PB 178/ 105 pulse 110 tried to let it pass but I couldn't I get more anxious and just want to rip my hair out just feel shocking , I then took a kalma which I didn't want to do, now I feeling so exhausted. Does anyone else get these symptoms as they are so debilitating it's not funny:weep:

---------- Post added at 05:14 ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 ----------

Please anyone .....advice and wanting to know if anyone feels the same symptoms as me ?

There has to be some out there please that can relate ?????

AnxietyDJ
30-06-14, 15:29
Hey, sorry hear that you've had this experience... It sounds very stressful. I have also had this in the past - suddenly feeling unwell, with light-headedness, increases in heart rate etc. but I am 99% sure that it was due to blood pressure and/or anxiety (in my case at least - obviously I am not a medical professional, so this may not / will not be the same for you).

Perhaps keep a regular check on your BP for a week or two and see if it is outside of the 'normal' range (which I believe is anything over 120/80 for high BP and 90/60 for low BP). If you are worried though, the best thing to do is book an appointment to see your GP.

Hope you're ok!

jodstar
30-06-14, 23:09
Thanx Anxiety DJ for your reply. My blood pressure is usually good anything fro 117/75 to 130/80 . It only goes really high when this happens and I feel dreadfull. Is it normal for blood pressure to spike so high with an attack ?

jodstar
01-07-14, 23:02
I really thought I would of got more advice and support with what I'm going through on this site......feeling really disappointed :(

AnxietyDJ
02-07-14, 00:01
Hey, sorry you feel that way... I'm always happy to listen and talk :)

It really sounds as though the best thing you can do is make an appointment to see your local doctor... Blood pressure drops / spikes can definitely make you feel light-headed very quickly, so that is possible, but as I said before, I'm obviously not from the medical world, so don't want to put the wrong ideas out there in case they are totally unwarranted!

The most important thing is to try and stay focused on being calm and relaxed whenever possible - remember that you've been in certain situations many times before and have always been fine, so why should this one be any different?

Hope you're having a good day so far! :)