PDA

View Full Version : Toothache - Abscess

RyanM1994
30-06-14, 11:18
Hi All,
Seems like this is never ending. I must have the worst luck in the world.
Last night and this morning I have been suffering from a severe toothache in my tooth at the front, I am 99% sure it is an abscess as I have had one in this tooth before.

My head is now convinced that I'm going to get a brain abscess.

I currently have a headache also.

Is anyone able to offer reassurance?

It seems that the past 2 weeks have been hellish, and I just want to make it to my holiday at the end of the week.

---------- Post added at 11:18 ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 ----------

Just an update on this, I have been to the dentist and they have advised that I do have an abscess.

I am now stuck in a dilemma.

I am scared to take the antibiotics they have provided in case I develop Anaphylaxis

and I am scared to not take them as it may develop into a brain abscess.

Please can someone help me? :(
Really in a bad state

chung
30-06-14, 12:22
can you tell me how they found out its an abscess? do you have to have the tooth out? whats the treatment? how does the tooth look?

Fishmanpa
30-06-14, 12:43
Ryan,

There is no other advice other than buck up and take the meds. You have an infection and it will only cause you more issues and a heck of a toothache if you allow it to continue.

Positive thoughts

Janine
30-06-14, 21:41
This time last week I develped a really bad tooth abcess, I managed to get an emergency apt on Tuesday morning and was told I had a really bad abcess, the tooth would have to come out and I was given antibiotics, I was swollen and bruised and suffered throbbing excruiating pain that I never want again, the cause was removed but it took a few days for the antibiotics to start to work and my pain threshold is high but it really got to me. If you are going on holiday or even if you were not please take the meds and get yourself pain free.