PDA

View Full Version : Please can someone help, pregnant & scared

Bear&bug
30-06-14, 10:14
First off, I'm a major lumps & lymph nodes phobe & have been for about 4 months. So this is terrifying me. I'm 18 weeks pregnant & have what feel like swollen nodes from just above my pubic hair line to just under my belly button, so most are on my baby bump. Some are near my groin but there are none swollen in the groin crease or tops of my thighs, where I've read the nodes usually are! There are some right in the middle above my knicker line. And several higher up in lower abdomen.

I went to the walk in centre & the dr felt a few, said they could be swollen glands or fatty tissue, which wasn't a very reassuring answer. She said they were shallow & moveable & she didn't think it was anything serious but if I'm still concerned after a few days to see my GP. So fobbed me off really. I said I thought your glands weren't in that area & she just shrugged!

They feel just like peas, beans & there are a couple long & thin. My question is what are they?! Everything on the internet says your lymph nodes aren't there. But these feel just like them down to a T & the dr thought that's probably what they are. They've not gone down & I noticed them over a week ago.