PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts, beliefs and your health

inCOGnito
30-06-14, 11:07
How you think shapes your reality. Buddha said it over 2000 years ago. Here is an article that points out some recent scientific research on how thinking and beliefs can actually help heal the body.

The second part of it is about how lonliness affects your physiology too, and more importantly, how it's your perception of lonliness that mediates the impact on your physiology.

I think that can be stated for every situation. It's your beliefs and perceptions that affect how you think, feel, and act, rather than the situations themselves. I like how David Friedman puts it in his book 'The Thought Exchange' - that your life is like a mirror. It is a reflection of your beliefs about it. We're all too busy trying to change what's in the mirror but the mirror is just a mirror. It's only reflecting what's being projected on it. one needs to change what they are projecting into the mirror.

http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/2014/06/23/nothing-jo-marchant-heal-thyself/

Take home message: How you think and what you believe affects your physiology and your health.

Fishmanpa
30-06-14, 12:48
Great post InCOG...

I always say that attitude is key in everything really. I know for a fact that if it weren't for positive thinking, I wouldn't have made it through cancer and the treatments.

"...life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we handle it" Charles Swindoll

Positive thoughts