PDA

View Full Version : How nervous are you ?

jimbobrooney
30-06-14, 14:15
Just wondering how nervous / anxious people are

For example. If someone asked you to do a reading at mass for their wedding, would you do it ?

I have done that in the past and i consider myself extremely nervous - just wondering if people are actually worse than i am

MRS STRESS ED
30-06-14, 14:29

For example. If someone asked you to do a reading at mass for their wedding, would you do it ?

I have done that in the past and i consider myself extremely nervous - just wondering if people are actually worse than i am

Well I seriously couldnt do a reading ,im not good at public speaking I go to bits ,I remember in school I would start crying if I had to read out loud ,I guess im just not confident and im very nervous I think I would be sick xx lol :blush:

Ryan92
01-07-14, 00:11
Hi :), No way could I read infront of a bunch of people. When I was at secondary school, teachers tried to make me read in front of the class but they didn't know how badly anxious, nervous I was. I had panic attacks and always refuse to do it. I still feel I wouldn't be able to do anything like that at the moment. I'm not a confident person and never have been.

I get nervous/anxious about most things in my life, I have a doctors appointment in the morning and I'm nervous about that lol :doh:

Fonril
01-07-14, 11:39

I've had to do this, once for when my boss died and I was asked to read a prayer at the Mass, another for my grandfather. I managed to get through it both times but I had myself worked up into so much of a frenzy worrying that I don't even really remember it - I'm just glad what I had to read out was written down because I doubt I'd have managed to utter anything coherent I was so nervous!

Still...it does have a feeling of a sense of achievement once it's done that's pretty good.

Disillusioned
01-07-14, 14:14
That would make me pretty nervous, but the social aspect of being at a wedding among lots of people would probably fill me with more anxiety than doing the actual reading. If asked, I'm pretty positive I'd do it but I can't say it'd be something I'd particularly look forward to.