PDA

View Full Version : Reducing meds after 4.5 years

Fonril
01-07-14, 11:36
I've been on 30mg of Zispin since Dec 2009 for what started out as horrendous panic attacks and was diagnosed as Generalised Anxiety Disorder. I've been trying to lose weight so the GP suggested I reduce down to 15mg as she said Zispin can cause weight gain and if I get down to 15mg they can then switch me to another medication that doesn't affect weight. On one hand, it's great to be feeling well enough to reduce the dosage, on the other, I'm a bit worried that the anxiety will return. Maybe I won't even notice the change, I don't know what to expect to be honest. Feeling anxious about feeling anxious - jeez!

pulisa
01-07-14, 17:39
It's only natural to be anxious when you're thinking of reducing your dose after a substantial amount of time on meds. Mirt is known to cause an increase in appetite and therefore weight in most people but it has obviously helped you manage your anxiety over the last few years. Why don't you taper down a bit more slowly than halving your dose? I don't know how easy it is to cut the pills but it may be wise to be ultra cautious as you have been on mirt for a fair while and your system has got used to the 30mg dose?

Just a thought.Psychologically it must be hard to contemplate dose reduction and all the what-if's.. That's the worst part of it

Jen1989
02-07-14, 11:50
I think the best way to think about it is, even if you do come down a dosage and your symptoms return you can always go back up again.....it has worked for you up till now so it can and will work again :)

Gd luck and hope everything goes well :) xXx