PDA

View Full Version : safety zones

mirry
15-12-06, 13:04
I have been doing home help for the elderly for 2 years now , to get me out the house to fight agrophobia. I only do 5 hours a week which is nice. But when my work phones me up asking me to take on more people I get panicky and make excuses.
However they asked me again this week to go to a new lady who lives "OUT OF MY SAFETY ZONE"
so this morning I set off on my walk to work , went under the subway (well ran under it ,Lol) then couldnt find the house so had to walk down strange roads.....arrived at the ladys house and helped her for 1 hour.
Walked back home realy really pleased because i didnt panic once.

I am determined to open up my saftey zone and would like to hear how other view "saftey zones "?

mirryx

ceecee
15-12-06, 13:47
well done to you mirry
you,re doing great!!!i was a home care assistant until a month ago,and i was exactly like you
take care rach x

samc100
15-12-06, 13:51
That is briiliant!! Well done you Mirry.

Have you got a huge big grin on your face?

Nel
15-12-06, 14:12
Just brilliant Mirry, well done you for finding the courage - takes a LOT of courage to face our fears!
My current safety zone is only about 5 minutes away from my house BUT, it is still an achievement (so I keep telling myself lol) - just THINKING about doing it is an acheivement in itself.

I was doing really well then let a setback get to me - I WON'T be letting that happen again! I think taking it in small steps is the best way.

Nel xxx

net
15-12-06, 15:01
well done mirry

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

eeyorelover
15-12-06, 15:21
CONGRATS MIRRY :)
I have been trying to widen my 'safety zone' too cuz I thought that maybe continuing to have this invisible circle around me where I can go semi comfortably is just feeding my anxiety. It's tough and at the moment it's a big struggle but hopefully it will get easier.
GOOD JOB and keep it up :)
xxx
Sandy

mirry
15-12-06, 18:54
It really is all in the head, when we go on holiday and stay in a caravan, I litrally set myself a new saftey zone!
I will tell myself how far i can go on my own..its totally weird but important to us anxiety sufferers.

I couldnt explain it to people I know, but I knew you would understand on here :D

mirryx

Granny Primark
16-12-06, 12:36
Well done mirry!!!
I have a safety zone, but that zone is getting bigger by the week.

Take care
LYNN xx

Basket Boy
16-12-06, 18:00
That's excellent Mirry,

And remember that now you've done that once, you can do it again and again...

Chris x

mirry
16-12-06, 20:33
Thanks , I will definately try again :D

mirryx

Ladym
16-12-06, 21:51
You are fantastic! Just reading this has made me want to go diving headfirst into the front row of a rock concert. Or at least stand in a queue in the newsagents :)
Well done!
Hugs
Anna xxx

mirry
17-12-06, 09:23
go for it Anna, let us know how u get on :D

mirryx

Piglet
17-12-06, 11:52
Anna that made me laugh :D:D:D:D

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.