PDA

View Full Version : Blood in urine and now kidney pain :(

stressedmamof3
01-07-14, 20:30
To cut a long story short, I ended up in at walk in centre 2month ago with back pain, turned out to be fine however they picked up microscopic nlood in urine, have had 4 test done since and all the same :(
I was reffered to urology outpatients and went last week, the urologist examined my tummy and asked if I had been getting any loin pain, I said no as I hadn't,
He sent me for an xray and said he would send me for a cystoscopy which is un august,
I had my xray and now I am ill with worry, my loin area has now started hurting constantly, I just have a feeling it could be kidney cancer :(
Results aren't back yet, and not seeing my gp till mon.

stressedGuy
01-07-14, 21:54
I'm not going to say don't worry but I know that blood in urine can mean lots of things, most of them not very serious. Another thing I'm wondering is if the urologist hadn't asked you about pains in your loins, do you think you'd be feeling pain there now since you didn't have pain there before he asked? I'm speaking from personal experience when I sometimes "develop" a symptom of a disease only after learning its association with a disease. Also, if you've been doing any prodding around any area that you're concerned about, that can also cause pain and sensitivity.

At least investigations are under way. Answers will be available soon and more likely than not it'll be something fairly trivial. I still feel for you since I know that waiting on results can weigh very heavily on your mind.

amber2k13a
01-07-14, 22:00
Blood in the urine could be a number of things, a small tear in the urethra, an infection etc.... If you have had a kidney function blood test (your GP can do this) and it's normal then it's unlikely cancer.