PDA

View Full Version : Lump behind my ear

jab1982
01-07-14, 22:18
Hello All!

It has been a while since I posted. But I do have a small victory to announce.

From December to March I had some serious sinus issues. There were some swollen glands. There was a small, hard lump behind my right ear. I have to dig down into the skin to feel it. Two different doctors told me not to worry about it. Well, of course I poked and prodded a few weeks more. I did not touch that bump for 2 months! WOOHOO!

UNTIL TODAY......it is still there, has not changed size or shape. I am concerned it is a tumor. I am really trying to put the constant worry aside and chuck this up to the fact that we have lumps and bumps all over. I am a "run to the doctor immediately" kind of gal. I am trying to be more rational about my health anxiety and realize this is a fear. I would appreciate words of encouragement or advice.

Thanks!

amber2k13a
01-07-14, 23:29
It's not grown or changed shape that's a good thing for all you know they could have been there for years and you never felt them before. Since it's not changed I don't think you have any thing to worry about. If it increases then see the GP again. Lumps are very common and most often harmless.