PDA

View Full Version : So worried! Advice please?

Izzytheanxietyqueen
01-07-14, 23:33
Hey, I posted yesterday I believe about my food poisioning which luckily my stomach feels much better today. However my mum has been feeling ill the past few days but when I came home from school she fainted almost and had a very high temperature which she then went to emergency doctors office and they told her it was kidney infection which she has been given high medication for luckily, but I am still very worried about her and I think it's mainly because my dad died so quick back in May last year that I just don't want anything to happen to my mum I couldn't live without her! Anyway I told her I was worried and she reassured me but I am a very anxious person generally about health and it really made me feel ill like at the moment I have a really right throat, I feel like I seriously can't swallow and can't breathe like dry throat and feel really hot which is getting me more worked up because I don't want to be ill while she already is ill and has enough to deal with so I really need advice? Is this normal for anxiety I know I'm not having a panic attack because I have had them before but i have weird physical symptoms I don't know what it is!? I have a really weird taste in the back of my throat, very tight and hard to swallow and suffocating any advice would be very appreciated thankyou xx

---------- Post added at 23:33 ---------- Previous post was at 22:56 ----------

Anyone?

amber2k13a
01-07-14, 23:37
Yes, all classic anxiety symptoms. Just remember that if you want your Mother to be well it'll help if she feels well so you need to start portraying more positive thoughts. If you feel better this will be conveyed to your Mother and she'll feel better. We never know how long we have left, it's better that you spend your time together happily rather than worrying. We can't have much control with the inevitable so just try and relax, not worry and enjoy time with your Mother. Things will soon feel better.

Agadch
01-07-14, 23:38
I'm sorry to hear about your dad and I'm sorry your mum is ill. Hopefully she's better soon :)

As for your throat tightness, it's a common symptom of anxiety. Nothing to worry about :)