PDA

View Full Version : Intrusive thoughts...help please!!

LickeyEndBlues
15-12-06, 14:02
I hope you can help me, this has been building up all week and I'm getting to the point where I am really worried what people think!!

Hopefully someone here will be able to help.....

For days now these thoughts have been growing and growing in my head, I can't seem to shake them off, I know they are only spinning in a loop in my head but it is getting unbearable.

I just cant stop singing or humming in my head, "Mistletoe and Wine", I'm sure someone heard me whilst out!! Help please it is driving me crazy!!!

I know it will pass but not sure if I can last till 26th!!

Cliff..........arghhh...no its really me Iain phew!!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

Ma Larkin
15-12-06, 14:36
haha!! Iain, what are you like!! Why can't you hum the Little Drummer Boy by Bing and David Bowie, I love than one!! Or the Pogues and Kirsty McColl, another of my fave's.

Have a look on my new topic "YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE THIS - YOU NEED SOUND" I bet you change your hum when you've seen it!!!

Les, xx

Ma Larkin
15-12-06, 14:39
Spoilsport!! You've already seen my card!!

Have you tried hypnotherapy to clear your mind of these intrusive thoughts Iain! If not, a trip to confession to confess to your sin of impersonating Cliff!

jill
20-12-06, 14:13
Hi Ian

When I was acute, I found myself doing this alot and did not know why. I think when we do something and can't find the reason it becomes a fear and we all know what fear does.

I found the answer for myself, I know when you are looking for answers for the things we do, think or feel, we have to be happy with them, this helps us move on.

For me the anwer was.
My mind done this to give me releif from all the chattering that was going on in my head, when singing in my head I could not think of anything else but the song. I was happy with this answer, the singing lasted for awhile then went. Hay, even now I do it, a song gets stuck in my head for days.

You have alot going on at the mo, so its just your mind trying to rest from all that chiiter chatter about anxiety and it symptoms.
It is funny and you have put this tread in the right place, laughting at it will help it pass.

Hope this helps

YOU TAKE CARE

MERRY CHRISTMAS

LOVE JILLXX

Fear is the darkroom
where negatives are developed.....

When you fear something,
learn as mush about it as you can.
Knowledge conqers fear...