PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I peed myself a lot of times but I don't.

thenerdal
02-07-14, 05:10
Had this happen since high school where I'll feel like I pissed myself but when I check, I haven't. There has only been one occasion when I have. But only a little bit.

It's starting to get annoying because when I feel like I peed myself, I check and make sure I haven't or have. Sometimes it takes a while for me to know for sure depending on my underwear, which is why I prefer to wear light colored underwear. It's easier to know.

I hate it though. I think it has to do with anxiety, but I'm not sure. I've even had some occasions where I felt like I shat myself. Even once when I felt a cold sensation in my underwear and I checked and wiped and nothing.

Sometimes I ignore the feeling but other times I don't. It's really annoying. /:

NotCool
03-07-14, 19:24
It is an annoying problem for me as well. Similar to your situation, mine started in high school time as well, especially when I was smoking a lot of weed. When I was high, I frequently became paranoid/anxious/fearful that I have/will pee/defecate myself.
It's a problem that still persists in anxious situations: for example, about a month ago I've been having a public presentation in front of class. I always get the urge to go urinate when I'm anxious, and in combination with stage-fright, I was paranoid about that as well.
I started the presentation quite ok, but then I got caught up in the anxiety circle thought trap, and I had to leave class for a short while, to run to the bathroom and check if I haven't pissed/defecated myself, eventhough I never did (at least not as adult, lol). Once I did that, I gathered my thoughts and finished the presentation.

Anyway, I guess it's a common anxiety symptom, and it's stronger in some of us, but it is present - it's just one of the most embarassing symptoms, so people might not emphasize it so much.

thenerdal
04-07-14, 05:07
But I don't feel the need to do it, it just happens. I feel like I do, but when I check, I didn't.

thenerdal
04-07-14, 19:09
So my boss called so see if I could work that day, I said no and felt the need to pee, but didn't, so I went back to sleep. When I woke up later, I had an anxiety attack, I think, that made me think that I wet the bed, so I took a shower and I'm going to wash the sheets later on, it's so annoying. /: I was trying to tell myself "No, Adrian, you did not wet the bed and it's just your imagination." But it's hard.