PDA

View Full Version : Hi, wanted to introduce myself.

JustKeepSwimming
02-07-14, 19:55
Hi,

I'm Mel, I'm from the UK and I'm 32, I live with my partner and a small zoo of animals. I work full time in retail.

I'm here because I've not been -myself- for some time now and its been getting worse, panic attacks, thudding heart, can't breath, thoughts that loop round and round and won't stop spinning, intrusive crazy images, insomnia and nightmares etc. I can't carry on like this.

Yesterday the Dr prescribed me diazepam and citralipram and I'm off work till Friday to give my body time to adjust a bit, the diazepam is only short term till the citralipram has time to work. Dr has said if I need it be will sign me off but ideally I want to avoid that as I do love my job.

Today has been pretty shitty, feeling like everything is just so much effort, and earlier I ended up snapping and loosing my rag over nothing for no reason. I'm exhausted from the constant bad sleep so hoping the tablets help.

Anyway I'm waffling so yeah, hello :)

susan64
02-07-14, 20:18
Hi Mel, sorry you aren't feeling too good, I'm on cit too for anxiety, only started on them last Thursday, 10 mg. I'm not going to lie to you, the side effects can make you feel a bit crappy for a week or so, depending how you react to them, that's why you've got the diazepam too! Having said that if you stick with them they really do work. Have you started on the tabs yet? You will get a lot of support and good advice from people who have experienced everything you have......and more! Hello from me:)

JustKeepSwimming
02-07-14, 20:28
Hi Susan and thank you, i am on 10mg too and 2mg diazepam 2 x daily

I took my first tablets this morning so it's only day one so far.

How are you coping, thanks for the reassurance!

susan64
02-07-14, 20:41
Hi Mel, I'm on day 7 and already feeling a lot better, haven't had to resort to the diazepam much, although that may change as I return to work on Monday, eeek! Been on my annual 2 week holiday from work and spent most of it a bit of a mess:( Sharing with others on this site is a great help and like you said, a reassurance. I've been down this road before, 4 1/2 years ago but was on 20 mg but I was starting out in a much worse place! Take heart, things get better.

AnxietyDJ
03-07-14, 01:34
Hey Mel - sorry to hear that... Sounds like a similar situation to me... Really enjoy my job but the meds I was on a while ago combined with the conditions meant it was taking its toll... Hope you manage to work something out and start to feel better :)

And most importantly, welcome to the forum!! x