PDA

View Full Version : Really Breathless

gordie1
03-07-14, 00:05
Hi I am really breathless I went to my GP who listened to my heart and lungs and said there was nothing obviously wrong. I am just wondering how he could tell so easily without doing further tests. He thinks this is because Im overweight but I have been for years and never breathless like this. I am tempted to google but I am not

Serenity1990
03-07-14, 00:07
Do you have GERD?

gordie1
03-07-14, 00:08
No

Serenity1990
03-07-14, 00:37
Generally cardiovascular issues can be picked up via a stethoscope, as blockages/fluid in the heart or lungs cause cause breathing/heartbeats to sound different. I'm not a doctor and can't evaluate you, but one thing that is very common with anxiety is GERD and/or Silent Reflux, which can leak into your lungs and cause breathlessness, or can irritate the sciatic nerve with a similar effect. Either way if this was the case it's nothing too much to worry about.

Anxiety on its own can also cause breathlessness, as the fight or flight reaction resultant of adrenaline secretion can make your cardiovascular system work like you're out on a run even when sitting still!

If your doctor has spoken to you about your weight have you taken measures to address this?

Cags48
04-07-14, 13:44
Are you anaemic maybe