PDA

View Full Version : Lymph nodes or wisdom teeth?

nokindofhero
03-07-14, 01:50
Hi, everyone.

Straight to the point, I've had these two sharp, almost bone-like lumps under my jaw for the past year and a half or so. Back in 2011 I was referred to an oncologist for blood tests and though I had a low-normal platelet count of 134, it was negative. Fast forward to 6 months ago, no changes in size, cause a lot of ear and sinus problems. I seem to have terrible sinus pressure any time it rains now. I dread it.

Anyway, so 6 months ago, I went to my doctor, expressed concerns and he felt them and said they felt like bones and not lymph nodes. OK. Rather deal with that, hahaha.

But last week I go back just to clarify again because I'm worried and this time they're lymph nodes, but he shot me down when I said I was worried about cancer now. He said it wasn't a concern at all and I was so anxious, I had to have my girlfriend calm me down.

I was referred to get an xray, though. I'm really worried. As usual.

Also, apparently, as a vegetarian, a low platelet count is fairly normal. I've been a vegetarian for 6 years, haven't touched soda in 8 but I'm not very active.

nokindofhero
04-07-14, 23:41
70 views and zero advice or insight?..

That's depressing.

anthrokid
04-07-14, 23:47
Have you had the xray yet? The xray will give a confirmation as to what it is. If your doctor isn't concerned about it being lymph nodes then it's likely not something related. They feel lymph nodes every day, and they are generally pretty switched on with any lymph node abnormalities that raise concern. As for wisdom teeth, it is entirely possible, and an xray will confim if that is the case. Growing wisdom teeth can cause an array of symptoms, such as headaches, jaw pain, fever and ear aches to name a few.

Catherine S
04-07-14, 23:52
Hi hero, sorry you feel like people are ignoring you, its not that...we were talking about the subject of many node-related threads on the forum at the moment, and I think people are doing their best to advise and comfort people with this fear, but nobody is taking the advise and I think these node-related posts are a little overwhelming just now sorry. People will respond I'm sure. Why not read some of the other threads as you may get some reassurance from them too.

ISB x