PDA

View Full Version : Had my CBT assesment today...!

reddevil
15-12-06, 17:17
Hello all,

Well, I went for my assesment today and at the end she has put me on the waiting list for help, which is 8 months......!

They are going to start with my past apparently, which was that I had a very bad up bringing as a child (was battered black and blue by my mother for 10 years and had to spend holidays etc in the garage or green house, was not allowed in the house until my dad would return in the eveing from work.....long story...!), which they think is the reason behind my anxiety issues as it all started when my parents divorced 6 years ago.

I'm glad that I'm going to get help sometime next year for my anxiety, was not expecting them to start from the past though as to me that's not my problem, it's this health anxiety I want sorting out.

Red

dlou84
15-12-06, 18:27
hay same hear.. except the green houses.. and mine was step dad and mum stopped it.. i to are on the waiting list but im 9 months wait.. i started an online CBT myself though at living life to the full.. not sure on the link though.. Dan

lass
15-12-06, 18:31
That's such a long wait, but hopefully worth it! I can't believe the lack of resources and therapists for CBT.

My counselling has taken me back over things from the past (for me nothing anywhere near as awful as you've been through). I feel now that I understand myself a bit more, and I've realised why I react to things like I do. I'm hoping now that I'll be able to take a step forward.

I really hope it all works out well for you.