PDA

View Full Version : Husband

Kirbear4
03-07-14, 12:43
Sooo... It's been a while since I've asked for advice on here. I'm ok at giving it out but don't seem to be able to be rational when it comes to me!

I'm struggling at the moment with a symptom or two that my husband is having. He has had shooting pains 'up there' 4 times in the past two weeks. I have asked if he has any other symptoms and he said not but I don't know if he's just saying that as he knows I panic. He is booked in at the Drs next weds so that's a start.

My question is, is it possible to have something like this and not have anything wrong, more so the 'C' word? He's not one to suffer ill health usually. Can IBS come on suddenly at any age with hardly any symptoms? He's 33 btw x

Serenity1990
03-07-14, 12:53
My question is, is it possible to have something like this and not have anything wrong, more so the 'C' word?

Less "possible" than "probable". Throughout our lives every bit of our bodies randomly hurt and/or malfunction at one time or another. Just because there's pain doesn't mean there's anything wrong, and if there is it's probably not something serious.

Stop catastrophising! :)

meche
03-07-14, 14:38
I agree! I think if I overanalysed every single ache, pain & twinge I got then I would have diagnosed myself as terminal by now :doh:!!
I'm certain it's nothing to worry about but only a doctor will give you that peace of mind. Big hugs. xx

sammyb
03-07-14, 17:13
Thats about the age I got me some ibs. I get that same thing from time to time. Always good to see the doc I guess but sounds like me. Im 39 now

Kirbear4
03-07-14, 19:59
Thanks for your replies! That's also good to know thanks Sammy :)