PDA

View Full Version : Twitches/Tingling

Alastor
03-07-14, 23:29
Been getting an abnormal amount of twitches for the past 5 months but about 3 weeks ago a muscle on the inside of my arm twitched all night and since then I've been getting tons of twitches all over a serious step up form the last few months mostly arms/legs/face/scalp less on the torso and tingling on my lower arms and hands and on my face a few painful twitches here and there and a feeling like a muscle has tightened.
I spoke to my Dr and twice he just said come back in a month time I went back sooner because I noticed when I move my ring finger it twitches side to side constantly after the first appointment and he just repeated again come back in a month and didn't seem at all concerned despite my symptoms being what to me seems serious since I can't find a single cause that makes sense for me that isn't a serious condition. Many of you experienced anything like this?

Serenity1990
04-07-14, 00:18
I can't find a single cause that makes sense for me that isn't a serious condition.

Has your doctor not talked to you about BFS? It's quite common and usually kick-started by anxiety. Basically stress hormones exhaust your nervous system and it starts misfiring in all manner of weird ways, primarily twitching and tingling.

There aren't any serious neurological conditions that present with twitching and tingling all over the place. Dr. Google might have you believe otherwise, but he's a numbskull. ;)

The feeling of muscles tightening is something I get a lot.

Alastor
07-07-14, 12:04
He didn't mention BFS but I had searched it, and recently I've noticed I get double vision in my right eye (monocular diplopia) which isn't helping sway me from thinking it might be serious since it's a hell of a coincidence if not.