PDA

View Full Version : Need advice from people who had holter monitors!!

Danii
04-07-14, 02:00
Hi everyone! I've had health anxiety for ten years. I just wore my first holter monitor, and just got the results. I was wondering if anyone could provide some insight.

All i had over 48 hours of wearing it was six seperate VBPs, and one "r on t".

Any insight? How many VBPs are normal? and should i be concerned about the "r on t"?

Thanks in advance!

Fishmanpa
04-07-14, 02:20
That's a question you'll have to ask your doctor but both are a rather common phenomenon of palps due to anxiety. My opinion, not being a doctor, is that 6 is pretty low compared to others I've seen posting about their results.

Positive thoughts

Deepthinker
04-07-14, 04:12
Danii, I'm not sure what the r on t means, but your doc should let you know if the results are good or not. I wore a holter monitor a few years ago and my doc interpreted the results for me. Everything was fine. Even the palps I felt, which were terrifying to me, were nothing serious. Wishing you the best. Blessings!

Danii
06-07-14, 01:21
Thank you very much. My Dr said it was all fine, but she referred me to a cardiologist to put me at ease.

I agree, only 6 palos for 48 hours seems low, even for a normal person without anxiety. I was just worried about the r on t thing cause I googled it and... Yah. We all know the ending to that story. Thank you guys so much!

Daisy Sue
06-07-14, 02:34
Your holter results were very similar to mine, except I had more episodes of palpitations, and a few ectopics... like you, I was still worried, so did see a cardiologist, who put my mind completely at ease. Sometimes I think you need to hear it from a professional before you believe it. I hope you get the same reassurance - made a real difference to me. Oh - and stopping drinking diet coke helped enormously too! :)

sierra007
04-10-14, 16:51
its uncomfortable
but its can go to cardiologist