PDA

View Full Version : Panicking big time!!!!

Brixcx
04-07-14, 07:37
I've been posting a lot lately and I apologize, but today I went to the doctor and they checked my weight i lost another 2 pounds. IM SO SCARED i don't think I can cope anymore tbh. I keep thinking i have stomach c. I'm only 15 and my family has no background of the c word. I feel like i have all of the symptoms of it. I haven't been eating well because I'm just so stressed and worried which could also play in the role of me losing weight . But I cant help but thinking i do have it and that I'm going to die. Im so scared i cant stop crying.
For any of you who haven't seen my other threads my symptoms include
Bloating, gas, burping and sometimes stomach aches which get better when I release gas. I also recently feel as if my food has trouble going down. I dont even know anymore I'm just so worried and scared. My anxiety has been so severe :( someone please reassure I'll be okay

Gemma321
04-07-14, 07:54
Try and remember that the symptoms you just named are also symptoms of anxiety. Anxiety used to make me not eat as i was scared of being sick if i did, if you don't eat you can feel bloated and will lose weight. I'm mot a doctor but i am sure if they thought for one second that you had something serious they would be sending you for tests. Try and write a list of things it could be and you will see that the standard everyday things it coyld be will outweigh the horrible things :yesyes: xxxxxx

Brixcx
04-07-14, 18:54
My main symptom is bloating which could be literally anything, I'm just trying to stay positive and hoping for the best :( thanks for your reply

jayware33
04-07-14, 19:28
Hi Brixcx,

Please be reassured. Check the following link and click on the Excel spreadsheet link to view more accurate data. You wold basically be the first 15 year old to have stomach cancer in this range. Basically, it's not heard of in your age group. Please be reassured.

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/cancer-info/cancerstats/types/stomach/incidence/#age

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

My main symptom is bloating which could be literally anything, I'm just trying to stay positive and hoping for the best :( thanks for your reply

I also noticed you're female and the chart has 1 person from age 15-19 that was diagnosed with stomach C. so your chance of having it is 1/100,000 .... so, as a percentage, that's 0.0001% probably less than that.