PDA

View Full Version : Back ache for two years

Primula
04-07-14, 09:45
Hi everyone, I have never posted for help on here before, althought I am a regular reader.

I've been seeing a counsellor for my HA, and she has been really good. She inadvertantly triggered me in our last session, I was telling her about my aches and pains. She asked me had I had this all checked out by my doctor, I have but for some reason this has triggered all my fears, and I feel I need to go back to the docs to get it checked again. I know she has to ask if I've been checked out, so that she can treat me for HA, but it has freaked me out.

My symptoms are, aches in my right side, sometimes in right leg,and sometimes in my shoulder. These aches come and go, and when I'm absorbed in something I don't notice them. I've had them on and off for two years, and they have never become any worse. My doc did blood tests last year which were normal, and she doesn't think anything seriously wrong. I don't look ill, I don't feel ill except when my anxiety is high. I have had gall bladder removed and hysterectomy in the last few years.

I spoke to a friend who is a nurse, she said undiagnosed cancer for two years, I would be in a lot of pain, anaemic and losing weight. Or already dead.

I know this is probably just my HA kicking off, but I just can't reassure myself at the moment. Can anyone help?

raggamuffin
04-07-14, 10:09
Look at the stresses in your life, these will be the root causes of the back pains. I recommend visiting here

unlearnyourpain.com

A book written by a Dr. 28 day plan to regain control of your life and eliminate or severely reduce the pains you experience. Invaluable information.

I did a reading of the first 2 chapters. The reading isn't perfect, couple of..."distractions".

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0pbOTldsn2L

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0agoeUAec8z

Ed

Primula
04-07-14, 17:27

---------- Post added at 14:27 ---------- Previous post was at 13:17 ----------

Anyone else?

---------- Post added at 17:27 ---------- Previous post was at 14:27 ----------

Rennie1989
04-07-14, 18:33
You'd be surprised how much you remain tense when you're anxious, and this can cause awful backache. So it sounds to me that it's anxiety related. Try some relaxation techniques.

Sam100322
04-07-14, 18:38
I suffer from back pain and have done for a long time I work in a supermarket and lift heavy stuff I know it's from that plus lifting incorrectly. Back pain can be stress related and axiety can cause it as well. I thought mine was cancer related once but was assured if it was id be very ill by now or dead so keep telling your self it's just back ache nothing more ibuprofen helps

Mummygems
04-07-14, 18:55
Same here, I posted recently about my back pain. Suffered for years and was told some time ago that it was a deep muscle spasm. Over past few years, two pregnancies later, lots of heavy awkward lifting, poor posture and tense from Anxiety really taken its toll and have pain in lumber area constantly.

You can't help but worry about it when you have health anxiety but at least we know we are not alone and not going crazy!!!