PDA

View Full Version : Changing SSRI's

Bubs5791
04-07-14, 10:30
Can I ask for advice about changing - did you withdraw from one before the other, did you start straight away??? Experience and advice would be brill - I am changing from sertraline to paroxetine but coming off sertraline and feel dreadful

KeeKee
08-07-14, 20:48
I came straight off citalopram onto paroxetine last august. No withdrawal whatsoever and I believe paroxetine kicks in much quicker than others I have tried.
I felt good on Paroxetine but I must say I regret taking it now due to a 15lb weight gain.

Bubs5791
11-07-14, 12:36
Thank you keekee I am doing half and half but it's been 5 days now and noticing the change already so I might just cut the sertraline out now. So pleased it's working out for you, surely a 15lb weight gain is better than feeling horrid??? :)

KeeKee
11-07-14, 22:43
Thank you keekee I am doing half and half but it's been 5 days now and noticing the change already so I might just cut the sertraline out now. So pleased it's working out for you, surely a 15lb weight gain is better than feeling horrid??? :)

Think that depends on why you went on in the first place, if you went on for depression caused by low self esteem and bad body image, that 15lbs can cause unimaginable damage to your mind and felling of self worth.
I would rather be med free and that is why I went cold turkey.
However, only a small amount of people would have low self esteem to the point in makes you depressed anyway - or so I imagine, so the weight gain side effect won't be so difficult for most.

Good luck

yenool
23-07-14, 12:36
I have switched straight from one to the other before now. It really depends which medication it is and what the doctor thinks is best given your symptoms.