PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram increased dose, increased panic! normal?

EvilZombie
04-07-14, 14:08
Hey all. Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but hey..

Started on 10mg of Citalopram about 7 weeks ago after I smoked a joint in February(!) Had a massive panic attack which brought up a lot of old anxiety I suffered as a child.
anyway I was doing kind of ok after about a month on it, although I was still constantly thinking about the anxiety, I could feel myself coming back. I decided to up my dose to 20mg 4 days ago as the doc told me this was the recommended dosage. Boy I wish I hadn't. I am climbing the walls. My anxiety is through the roof, like when I first started the 10mg but maybe even a little worse. Has anybody else experienced this and did it calm down again? If so how long? I don't want to go back to 10mg if I can help it as I am worried about doing even more damage.

Please help

venusbluejeans
04-07-14, 14:31
everytime you increase the dose you will experience the side effects again and yep it does settle down and quicker than when you first started taking them

ray52
04-07-14, 17:20
Hi any increases in dose can take the body a little while to adjust to, you might just need to give it a bit of time

EvilZombie
04-07-14, 22:25
Thanks guys. I guess I already know this. Just been a tough day