PDA

View Full Version : complete panic please help

miss diagnosis
15-12-06, 19:42
Oh my god. ive been going to the toilet a bit more often then normal the bast week.so i went to chemist thinking might be the startings of systitits or somethiing. And i was telling her it dosnt hurt when i wee i just need to go again shortly after going and she was like oh that sounds serious and now im SO FREAKED out there is a tumor on my cervix blocking my bladder or something please help me

nomorepanic
15-12-06, 19:48
It could be a kidney infection which is easily cleared up with anti-biotics.

If it continues then get to the doc's who can test your urine for you.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

rb1978
15-12-06, 19:59
Doesn't mean it's anything serious because the chemist said that - if it carries on may be an idea to get it checked but it could very easily be anxiety related - I'm thinking of IBS. I know that's not usually associated with passing water but I remember when I was diagnosed with that that I googled away getting loads of info on it and was relieved to find it does sometimes affects the bladder too. I was relieved because I was having what you describe...going more often than usual, needing to go again straight away and also worrying thinking it can't be IBS, that's your bowels, it must be cancer etc etc.

But it can affect the bladder.

Also, try not to dwell on the lady being a chemist and therefore an authority. I once went to a chemist when my mouth felt strange, tongue felt odd. Waited to the see the pharmacist, she looked in my mouth, looked horrifed and said 'I've never seen anything like that in my career i should get straight to a doctor on monday morning'. I thought this woman's a pharmacist, she knows her stuff and spent all sunday googling mouth cancer and getting in a massive frenzy. Doctors first thing monday. Enlarged tastebuds. I felt a right idiot.

So try not to put too much emphasis on her being a chemist. Do get it checked out if it carries on but it's likely to be something minor.

reddevil
15-12-06, 20:53
Hello,

I suffered with frequent urination once, as soon as I left the toilet, I had the feeling that I needed it again streight after.

This worried me as I had it for about 3-4 months, had all tests etc, and in the end, it was all down to anxiety.

The more you think about it, the worse it will become etc.

Red

yorkylover
15-12-06, 23:31
Hi I had the same thing,it was anxiety.I still get it now and then.;)

Ellen XX

tommythomson
16-12-06, 10:34
Hi Miss D

Anxiety can cause you to go to the toilet more! Sometimes I think it might be better to have a drink while actually being on the toilet. Sometimes as soon as liquid passes my lips i'm off to the loo.
How much do you drink[?]

If your bladder was blocked then you wouldn't go.

Honestly, nervousness makes you want to pee. Before my symptoms i had to go before any competitive sports i did.

If in any doubt check with your GP.

Please don't be freaked

Take care

T

juicyluce
16-12-06, 14:15
hi Miss,

i have had this too -when i feel particularly anxious-had to go every five mins! apparently its very common.

juicy x

barbie
16-12-06, 17:19
Hi

Like every body else I have this when I'm anxious, and it IS asymptom of IBS too, at the worse its a urine/kidney infection but it can be easily cleared up with anti biotics as the others have said.

"Smile Like You Mean It"

miss diagnosis
16-12-06, 17:30
thanks everyone!! I realisedim not peeing as much as i thought i was. Just thinking about it too much!!