PDA

View Full Version : Ultrasound date

Fj2014
04-07-14, 15:34
Arrghh! I've just had a call from the hospital asking if I can go in for my ultrasound on my tummy on Wednesday.. So so nervous now!!
Also got one booked for a swollen gland under my arm.. Would they do that at the same time???

Just needed to vent!

RoseEve
04-07-14, 15:52
You should ask your doctor of they will do both at once. That way you don't need to go through the anxiety twice. I've had ultrasounds as well. They didn't see anything. They told I have IBS.

Fj2014
04-07-14, 18:09
I hope there's nothing lurking in there - I just called the hospital but they said different departments deal with it and the referrals were sent at different times so I might just have to deal with it..

I'm going to ring again on Monday and ask if they could put the two appointments together to save me taking more time off work.

I have a docs appt two weeks on Monday to talk over all my results - it will either make or break me - cannot wait until then!!!!

---------- Post added at 18:09 ---------- Previous post was at 15:55 ----------

I just looked up the department dealing with my underarm gland/lump and it's cancer services!! I'm scared :(

Rennie1989
04-07-14, 18:27
An appointment for an ultrasound does not mean that you have cancer. I had to go to a breast cancer clinic for my breast lump, just because they did the whole lot there. Don't fret over something that is unlikely to be the cause.

Fj2014
04-07-14, 18:46
I'll try... So freaked out though!!
I've just had a feel and there are now three swollen glands rather than one :(!
Hate whatever this is/anxiety so much!

Katie_cupcakes
04-07-14, 18:52
Hey again,

The nurse that did my ultrasound basically told me at the time that everything was fine. I was given information before hand that said I would have to make an appointment with my dr to find out results. The nurse also said to me that the report would be sent to my dr within 10 days so I could make an appointment with him...but she told me everything was fine anyway.

Hopefully yours will do the same, put your mind at ease.