PDA

View Full Version : Ovulation pain

ballerina
04-07-14, 17:32
Quite proud of myself, been worried all day that I have ovarian cancer because of sharp pains in my lower abdomen, even though I don't have family history of it as far as I know, and I'm only nearly 20, but now really trying to convince myself it's probably ovulation pain as it seems to fit the symptoms quite well, panic attack avoided!

Catherine S
04-07-14, 17:41
Yes there are other things it can be on a scale between no pain and cancer. My youngest daughter is in her 20s and has polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) not severely just mildly and she has alot of pain from her ovaries once a month too. Apparently the small cysts burst at ovulation which is normal for this condition. She has a stressful job and does have bit of anxiety too ironcally, but not about this because she knows what it is and that its not serious, just very painful.

ISB x

nomorepanic
04-07-14, 18:06
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

sheepsy
04-07-14, 19:10
Hi ballerina, I have pcos so I get pain in my abdomen from the cysts bursting, usually around ovulation. Also stress and such. I'm only 22. I will tell you my one friend gets really bad pain in either of her ovaries depending on what side her period is coming from. I will say you probably have nothing to worry about.

sdd
09-07-14, 03:30
It probably is ovulation pain. I get it every month. If you ever try to have children, it will help you conceive. :)