PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram and work

saroarsoars
04-07-14, 18:22
I have been taking cit on and off for 2 years, thing is, I've just been offered a new job, and the starter form asked me to tell them of any medications I am taking. The job is subject to good references and other things, but I'm worried that being treated for depression/ anxiety may play against me, I know it's illegal to discriminate against mental health issues, but I'm worried they will think I have been covering this up, especially as it's a customer service role which requires you to be a positive person... I find it really hard to talk about with people and I'm worried that they're going to ask about it before I even start the job! Has anyone else had issues with this drug and work? Should I not have told them? x

Sober2000june
05-07-14, 19:54
Keep to yourself. Don't care how much we've moved on Britain still not empathetic enough. Some folk still have a witch drowning attitude.

Cú Chulainn
06-07-14, 19:23
Don't Worry About It.
It makes seriously no difference if you put it on our not.
Personally, I don't put it on any forms because it really none of their business.

Marty_67
11-07-14, 12:37
I agree with Cu but I did eventually tell my boss.

However, I have worked here for nearly 30 years so they will be aware that my illness does not affect my performance at work. For a new job I would sooner keep it to myself.