PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety/Obsession Cleaning Products

Lucinda07
05-07-14, 09:58
I am over anxious about using cleaning products eg Jif. I'm afraid that if I scratched/touched my ear any residue would cause harm. I avoid touching the sides of public basins and rinse the basin/bath & taps when going on holiday. Its disrupting my life.
I know such products are thoroughly tested, but its hard to be rational.
I once hurt inside my ear with a cotton wool bud & no longer use them (sensible!) but anxiety has spread. Can you help me get things into perspective.

AnxietyDJ
05-07-14, 10:32
Hey there... Well, firstly I can definitely say that some of your worries are fine and completely natural, and you do need to be careful with certain products / items, as they won't do you much good if they get into your body. That said, if you think through the steps in your mind, you soon realise that there is no way that anything dangerous can or will happen, as long as you are a little careful and avoid being reckless with things (which, you obviously would never be), and at the end of the day you have full control over when, where and how the product is used.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a little caution in the areas you have mentioned, but remember - you control the products, they don't control you :)

Lucinda07
05-07-14, 10:39
Thanks!