PDA

View Full Version : How often are do they re assess?

summer82
05-07-14, 14:17
I was put into the support group in January for depression and anxiety. I was wondering if anyone knew how long they typically go between reassessment? I worry a lot (obviously) and I know it sounds daft, but ever since they've put me into that group, I've been worrying about when they're going to reassess and take it away from me again, to the point where I almost wish I wasn't put on it.

I often hear horror stories about decisions being made which don't benefit the claimant and I'd always been on work related. I never even tried to get the support component, just assuming I wasn't sick enough, but last year my doctor must have written one hell of a letter back to them when they contacted him, and I was just put on it.

Any help or experience would be appreciated.

yenool
23-07-14, 17:33
I think it depends really. Can be as little as 6 months unfortunately. Some people get assessed, fail, go to appeal and as soon as they win the appeal the new assessment form drops on the doorstep.

It really seems to be luck of the draw and not really down to any fairness in the process. :mad:

db92
23-01-15, 09:46
They are an absolute joke, so rude and not understanding, thinking you are a faker, I was due to have an appointment last year for a medical assessment around march time but was unwell and couldn't go. They stopped paying me and only now have I recieved another appointment which is useless because I have a job now.